We don’t know how North American crayfish hopped the pond, but scientists have announced that crayfish are proliferating in the Netherlands, Denmark, and Spain — and destroying salamanders and other amphibians in the process. Humans in Europe haven’t yet developed a taste for crayfish, so there is no natural predator of the invaders. Story here. This is ironic since in America we can’t get enough of crayfish, or crawfish, as we celebrate Mardi Gras.
Why This Blog?Amphibians are our planet's canaries in the coal mine. They face the most significant mass extinction since the dinosaurs. The main reason they will disappear is because we will choose to allow it. You can be one of the people who stops it. Visit www.amphibianark.org. Learn. Donate. And tell others about it.
- 315,361 hits
- Winner of today's Most Pathetic Use of "Whatever" Award. twitter.com/ABCPolitics/st… 3 days ago
- New social justice anthem: ‘Hell You Talmbout’ by Wondaland Records on #SoundCloud soundcloud.com/wondalandarts/… Thx .@Luvvie 3 days ago
- RT @candicechoi: Burger King to McD's: Let's make a McWhopper for peace McD: Let's not compare our rivalry to pain & suffering of war http:… 4 days ago
- RT @Buck: 100 percent better twitter.com/chrispatton_33… 4 days ago
- @BrockThatcher And PR 6 days ago