We don’t know how North American crayfish hopped the pond, but scientists have announced that crayfish are proliferating in the Netherlands, Denmark, and Spain — and destroying salamanders and other amphibians in the process. Humans in Europe haven’t yet developed a taste for crayfish, so there is no natural predator of the invaders. Story here. This is ironic since in America we can’t get enough of crayfish, or crawfish, as we celebrate Mardi Gras.
Why This Blog?Amphibians are our planet's canaries in the coal mine. They face the most significant mass extinction since the dinosaurs. The main reason they will disappear is because we will choose to allow it. You can be one of the people who stops it. Visit www.amphibianark.org. Learn. Donate. And tell others about it.
- 314,878 hits
- @jasongmichael That's just so wrong. Go stand in a corner for 10 minutes 1 day ago
- Dammit, I have to share this industry article: 4 things zombies can teach PR pros prdaily.com/Main/Articles/… #wellplayed 1 day ago
- That's me with the Women's World Cup trophy! instagram.com/p/5pGMfcspuA/ 6 days ago
- RT @BetsyHCohen: Ballpark Village to hold press conference for Busch Stadium World Cup announcement stltoday.com/sports/soccer/… 6 days ago
- 25 teammates + 250 balloons + 1 GoPro = fun birthday at work youtube.com/watch?v=gXsEPl… @Fleishman 1 week ago