We don’t know how North American crayfish hopped the pond, but scientists have announced that crayfish are proliferating in the Netherlands, Denmark, and Spain — and destroying salamanders and other amphibians in the process. Humans in Europe haven’t yet developed a taste for crayfish, so there is no natural predator of the invaders. Story here. This is ironic since in America we can’t get enough of crayfish, or crawfish, as we celebrate Mardi Gras.
Why This Blog?Amphibians are our planet's canaries in the coal mine. They face the most significant mass extinction since the dinosaurs. The main reason they will disappear is because we will choose to allow it. You can be one of the people who stops it. Visit www.amphibianark.org. Learn. Donate. And tell others about it.
- 313,458 hits
- "Be civilized. Follow the Irish." - You are so right, Irish Sen. Dave Norris. Congrats to all who are #hungoverForEquality 5 days ago
- RT @TheTweetOfGod: When you do something horrible don't try to make up for it by "getting closer to God". You're a creep and I don't want y… 1 week ago
- RT @SteaknShake: Happy National Waiter and Waitress Day to all ours! http://t.co/WB2DthtnpG 1 week ago
- @theslynch making me hungry 1 week ago
- Kids sneak candy bars into our grocery carts, but this shopping buddy influences 64% of your spend. @Deloitte bit.ly/1EjhojD 1 week ago