We don’t know how North American crayfish hopped the pond, but scientists have announced that crayfish are proliferating in the Netherlands, Denmark, and Spain — and destroying salamanders and other amphibians in the process. Humans in Europe haven’t yet developed a taste for crayfish, so there is no natural predator of the invaders. Story here. This is ironic since in America we can’t get enough of crayfish, or crawfish, as we celebrate Mardi Gras.
Why This Blog?Amphibians are our planet's canaries in the coal mine. They face the most significant mass extinction since the dinosaurs. The main reason they will disappear is because we will choose to allow it. You can be one of the people who stops it. Visit www.amphibianark.org. Learn. Donate. And tell others about it.
- 322,409 hits
- I mean, look what they did to this Aldi ad chipshopawards.com/entries/7479 #ChipShopAwards 2 days ago
- Take an LOL break today and check out the deviant ads that won the #ChipShopAwards archived at chipshopawards.com/categories/2015 2 days ago
- RT @deaconessfound: Listening to the #FreedomSummer teaching experience of Chris Hexter https://t.co/hz5nOSiwgI 5 days ago
- Every time I get close to 1,000 followers https://t.co/mgFt3WOrV2 5 days ago
- .@tonymess writes with bite, challenging the things in STL that are overdue for a closeup twitter.com/tonymess/statu… 1 week ago