We don’t know how North American crayfish hopped the pond, but scientists have announced that crayfish are proliferating in the Netherlands, Denmark, and Spain — and destroying salamanders and other amphibians in the process. Humans in Europe haven’t yet developed a taste for crayfish, so there is no natural predator of the invaders. Story here. This is ironic since in America we can’t get enough of crayfish, or crawfish, as we celebrate Mardi Gras.
Why This Blog?Amphibians are our planet's canaries in the coal mine. They face the most significant mass extinction since the dinosaurs. The main reason they will disappear is because we will choose to allow it. You can be one of the people who stops it. Visit www.amphibianark.org. Learn. Donate. And tell others about it.
- 323,459 hits
- May we never lose our outrage when racists claim legitimacy. twitter.com/businessinside… 2 days ago
- Millions jobs how again? #TrumpSpeechinFourWords 2 days ago
- This was really good twitter.com/qz/status/7561… 3 days ago
- Spoiler alert, SlideShare is a secret weapon lnkd.in/eSKti23 3 days ago
- Heck I really like this campaign. So clever. Can't please everyone. lnkd.in/epwGsux 3 days ago