We don’t know how North American crayfish hopped the pond, but scientists have announced that crayfish are proliferating in the Netherlands, Denmark, and Spain — and destroying salamanders and other amphibians in the process. Humans in Europe haven’t yet developed a taste for crayfish, so there is no natural predator of the invaders. Story here. This is ironic since in America we can’t get enough of crayfish, or crawfish, as we celebrate Mardi Gras.
Why This Blog?Amphibians are our planet's canaries in the coal mine. They face the most significant mass extinction since the dinosaurs. The main reason they will disappear is because we will choose to allow it. You can be one of the people who stops it. Visit www.amphibianark.org. Learn. Donate. And tell others about it.
- 325,995 hits
- Goodbye And Peggy twitter.com/HamiltonMusica… 13 hours ago
- RT @Fleishman: Day 2: The best plans are the ones that evolve. #12days #socialinspiration https://t.co/C1vXkI08cL 2 days ago
- The future may be viewed through a camera lens lnkd.in/esNr4p3 2 days ago
- Little boy singing Rudolph at LGA. Good way to start the day. 2 days ago
- 3. ...are the same people not also working to do something about that? #moleg you must do something about this 2 days ago