We don’t know how North American crayfish hopped the pond, but scientists have announced that crayfish are proliferating in the Netherlands, Denmark, and Spain — and destroying salamanders and other amphibians in the process. Humans in Europe haven’t yet developed a taste for crayfish, so there is no natural predator of the invaders. Story here. This is ironic since in America we can’t get enough of crayfish, or crawfish, as we celebrate Mardi Gras.
Why This Blog?Amphibians are our planet's canaries in the coal mine. They face the most significant mass extinction since the dinosaurs. The main reason they will disappear is because we will choose to allow it. You can be one of the people who stops it. Visit www.amphibianark.org. Learn. Donate. And tell others about it.
- 298,605 hits
- @majastevanovich have fun but please come back 20 hours ago
- @abyrdjr yeah yeah yeah. My kid is back home and ready to tell HK stories 20 hours ago
- The Trick of Life, via @nytimes nyti.ms/1q4Glcw 1 week ago
- RT @UberFacts: Dopamine is the chemical responsible for our addiction to the internet. This causes us to constantly seek new information. 2 weeks ago
- Chillin Dog instagram.com/p/mJY9klMpnA/ 2 weeks ago