We don’t know how North American crayfish hopped the pond, but scientists have announced that crayfish are proliferating in the Netherlands, Denmark, and Spain — and destroying salamanders and other amphibians in the process. Humans in Europe haven’t yet developed a taste for crayfish, so there is no natural predator of the invaders. Story here. This is ironic since in America we can’t get enough of crayfish, or crawfish, as we celebrate Mardi Gras.
Why This Blog?Amphibians are our planet's canaries in the coal mine. They face the most significant mass extinction since the dinosaurs. The main reason they will disappear is because we will choose to allow it. You can be one of the people who stops it. Visit www.amphibianark.org. Learn. Donate. And tell others about it.
- 293,193 hits
- Chels goes back 2nite to watch Series w/Megles #mommadidntraisenofool @caitdavis16 @FideanSwag @TheAdamMallette @Big67mo @SKarriBirch 1 month ago
- S'more snore score (no) store. Reflect on dat @TheAdamMallette @FideanSwag @caitdavis16 @Big67mo @SKarriBirch 1 month ago
- RT @JulieBorlaug: Congrats to 2013 World Food Prize Laureates! @WorldFoodPrize @RobbFraley @syngentabiotech @MonsantoCo http://t.co/ELfuddS… 1 month ago
- @WoodySTL that's a lot of rain. Hope the mustache was well waxed today 3 months ago
- Enjoying commencement address from newly "doctored" Dave Hilliard from @WymanCenter A career of making a difference 3 months ago